A beta reader can help you from the time you complete and revise your manuscript. The beta reader does not read from the perspective of an editor, but as a reader. The purpose is to give you an idea of how readers will react to your book.
As a beta reader, I will:
- Note issues regarding character/story arcs, dialogue, pacing, continuity, and plot.
- Suggest ideas on how to improve the story or characters, or fix plot holes.
- Offer honest and direct feedback.
- Note aspects of the story, characters, or writing style that I enjoyed. I believe writers need all the encouragement they can get, so I always mention what I honestly loved.
- Advise you what type of editing service you may need, if any.
- Offer suggestions that take away your personal voice or style.
- Write and post a book review. (Reviews should only be done once the book is finally edited and proofread.)
- Edit or proofread your story.
Feedback will be in the form of your manuscript as a word document with my comments, including immediate reactions while I read. I will also send an email detailing main issues and successes, and advice for how to proceed.
Price: $.001/word [50,000 word manuscript = $50]
Turnaround time depends on the length of the manuscript and is agreed upon in the contract. In general, beta reading a 50,000 word manuscript may take 3-4 business days. “Rush” orders are negotiable and dependent on my availability.
Returning customer: 5% discount
Any fiction or non-fiction genre is welcome EXCEPT horror or anything with very graphic violence. Please warn me about any passages in your manuscript that may be disturbing.